[Rd] Fwd: segfault

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 29 17:35:47 CEST 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 03:35, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> It does not crash for me on either Windows or Linux, but it does take a
> long time and the plot is a mess, so there does seem to be a
> lattice-related problem (maybe a usage one).

It is improper (or at least unanticipated) usage. The example cited does not
crash X11 on GNU/Linux for me, but the following does:

wireframe(F ~ x * p, bt, groups = factor(p), shade=TRUE)

This involves some C code in lattice, which could well be the culprit. I'll
clarify the documentation, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to catch the
bug.

Deepayan