[Rd] FW: RServe initialization problem

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Aug 29 15:45:40 CEST 2005

On Aug 29, 2005, at 6:04 AM, joelarrais wrote:

> I want to use the R functionalities in my Java program. I found the
> Rserve
> that appear to suite my requirements but I'm facing some configuration
> problems.
> I' following the web page tutorial
> (http://stats.math.uni-augsburg.de/Rserve/doc.shtml) but I face the
> above
> problem:
>
> C:\Program Files\R\rw2010\bin>R CMD RSERVE
> Can't open perl script "C:\PROGRA~1\R\rw2010/bin/RSERVE": No such
> file or
> directory

I'm not quite sure why this e-mail was also sent to the R-devel,
please see the posting guide!

Also a closer look at the documentation you mention would reveal that
it strictly distinguishes between unix and Windows systems - on the
latter you have to run the Rserve.exe application instead of using R
CMD xxx.

Cheers,
Simon