[Rd] extra parentheses cause death of kernel (PR#8094)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Aug 24 20:46:09 CEST 2005

Mickey,

On Aug 24, 2005, at 2:31 PM, rowe at psych.ucsb.edu wrote:

> I try to type quickly, and sometimes I make mistakes that cost me more
> than I think they should...  It appears that any time I quickly type a
> sequence such as:
>
> quartz()
>
> I am rewarded with the following text in red:

You're using an outdated version - please update to 2.1.1, that
problem (and many others) have been fixed in the meantime (c.f.
posting guide about bugs). Before reporting bugs on R.app you should
even try the nightly build binary.

As was mentioned several times on the lists, it is highly recommended
to update from the version you're using, because it had several
issues that have been fixed shortly afterwards.

Cheers,
Simon