[Rd] Shutdown by to much data (PR#8065)

murdoch@stats.uwo.ca murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Aug 15 17:04:27 CEST 2005

gemachtenest at gmx.de wrote:
> Full_Name: Jan Bentlage
> Version: 2.1.1
> OS: Windows
> Submission from: (NULL) (212.62.93.226)
>

> I loaded a huge database (textfile, semikolon seperated) by read.csv2. The data
> already appeared in the list (by ls()). When I want to view the data in the
> editor, R completly crashes.

Please put together a reproducible example.  This might be a data editor
bug or a bug in read.csv2 or something specific to your system.

For example, create a data.frame of the same size containing simulated
values, then see if you can edit that.  If you can, write it out to a
file, and see if you can read it in.

A bug report that is as vague as yours isn't likely to be acted on.

Duncan Murdoch