[Rd] Invalid Page fault in R.dll in mouse click (PR#8055)

murdoch@stats.uwo.ca murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Aug 7 14:00:20 CEST 2005

ddutta9 at sify.com wrote:
> Full_Name: Debashis Dutta
> Version: 2.1.0
> OS: Windows98
> Submission from: (NULL) (59.93.160.194)
>

> Working workinf when I mouse click in the top panel, in mist of the cases I
> receive message invalid page fault in R.dll.I have reinstalled the R 2.1.0
> several times, but the bu persists.Please advise me how to rectify the same.

You should try the latest R-patched version, to see if it has already
been fixed. 2.1.0 isn't even the latest release.

If it hasn't been fixed, then give explicit instructions on how to
reproduce the error.  State exactly which version you used, start Rgui
with the --vanilla option, and state exactly what you type and what you
click to produce the error.

I do need to warn you that I no longer have a Win98 machine to test on,
so it's possible that I won't be able to reproduce the error even if you
document it perfectly.  If I can't reproduce it I won't attempt to fix it.

Duncan Murdoch