[Rd] call fortran in R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Aug 4 16:44:07 CEST 2005

Sébastien Durand wrote:
> At the beginning I was not using symbol.For(), and whatever I add a
> "_" or not
>
> e.g.:
>
> .Fortran("wrapper",...
>
> I get the same error

You could look at symbol.For("wrapper"), and see if the name it prints
is exported from your .so.  I don't know how to see the exports of a
.so, I use Windows.

Alternatively (and probably better overall), you could get your DLL to
register its exports with R.  This is explained in the "Writing R
Extensions" manual.  It should help to prevent any odd naming
conventions of your compiler from causing trouble, and you'll only have
to worry about odd parameter passing conventions (and how to create the
C language registration function).

Duncan Murdoch