[Rd] call fortran in R

Ales Ziberna aleszib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:45:19 CEST 2005

If I understand correctly, you used
.Fortran("wrapper",....)

The problem might be that the function name ("wrapper") was changed in the
compilation of the code! See the mail bellow for clues (a previous post on
R-help by Duncan Murdoch)

Natalie Hawkins wrote:
> Using R 2.0.1 on Windows XP, I am getting an error
> msg:
>
> Error in .Fortran("conic", nxy = nxy, npt = npt, CP =
> cp, EP1 = ep1, EP2 = ep2,  :
>
> Fortran function name not in load table
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to see what function
> names are in the load table?  Maybe the function name
> has been altered?

You need to look at the DLL to see what name it is exporting. I believe
R would be looking for "conic_".  If your Fortran compiler doesn't
append underscores, you'll get this error.

You might want to look at this page

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/index.html#badname

or this one

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/compilingDLLs/fortran.html