[Rd] [R] strange behaviour of importFrom directive in name space

Florian Hahne f.hahne at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Apr 29 15:25:12 CEST 2005

Thanks for moving this post.
I think i could resolve the issue. It was my stupid mistake (or better a
weird combination of mistakes...)
I dug a little bit deeper into the problem and made a small test package
to reproduce the error. If you like, you can download it at
http://www.dkfz.de/mga2/testImport_1.0.tar.gz .
The package passed R CMD check (R-2.1.0) without errors or warnings.
When running example("densCols"), it froze with: Error in
col2rgb(colors) : couldn't find function "brewer.pal".
At first I thought this to be a problem of a corrupted import of
brewer.pal into my name space, but I simply did not realize that I also
explicitly call the function in the example code. So brewer.pal is
correctly imported and it can be (and is) called in the function body as
it is supposed to be.
The example code passes R CMD check, because I put it into an
if(interactive) clause.
But thanks a lot for the quick answer,
Florian
--