[Rd] Enhanced version of plot.lm()

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Apr 27 16:54:02 CEST 2005

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch> writes:

> I'm about to commit the current proposal(s) to R-devel,
> **INCLUDING** changing the default from
> 	      'which = 1:4' to 'which = c(1:3,5)
>
> and ellicit feedback starting from there.
>
> One thing I think I would like is to use color for the Cook's
> contours in the new 4th plot.

Hmm. First try running example(plot.lm) with the modified function and
tell me which observation has the largest Cook's D. With the suggested
new 4th plot it is very hard to tell whether obs #49 is potentially or
actually influential. Plots #1 and #3 are very close to conveying the
same information though...