[Rd] Overloading methods in R

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:27:21 CEST 2005

On 4/21/05, Ali - <saveez at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the reply Henrik.
>
> I do not know what was the motivation of R developers to go for yet another
> OO design, but I wish the designers would have thought of ways to interface
> this design to the other designs.

Depends on which OO design you are coming from, as I mentioned before.

You are of course free to develop whatever you like, but trying to
drive a screw with a hammer is generally frowned on, when you've
already been given a powerful electric screwdriver.  It's just a
matter of learning about slightly different tools.

Of course, the amazing thing about open source is that you can do
almost anything you want with it, and prove the experts wrong!

best,
-tony