[Rd] UnauthorizedAccessException in R(D)COM

WeiQiang.Li at seagate.com WeiQiang.Li at seagate.com
Mon Apr 18 08:05:43 CEST 2005

Dear friends,

        I am trying to create a web application to produce some
statistical result using R. In order to avoid high CPU usage of  web
server caused by R, I have to create an ASP.NET web service in another
server to involve R.

        But I am facing the unauthorizedAccessException when I call the
web service, even I have assigned access and launch permission to everyone
using DCOMCNFG.exe

        The sample code is shown as below, and the
unauthorizedAccessException  exception is occurred when myR.Init("R") is
called.
        myR = New STATCONNECTORSRVLib.StatConnector
        myR.Init("R")

        Does anyone know this solution and please advide me?  Your help is
appreciated.

With Best Regards,
WeiQiang Li