[Rd] orphaning CRAN packages

Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 8 13:19:51 CEST 2005

Dear R Developers,

the following CRAN packages do not cleanly pass R CMD check for quite
some time now and did not have any updates since the time
given. Several attempts by the CRAN admins to contact the package
maintainers had no success.

norm, 1.0-9, 2002-05-07, WARN
sound, 0.6, 2002-08-31, WARN
Bhat, 0.9-07, 2003-11-04, WARN
HI, 0.1, 2003-11-04, WARN
mmlcr, 1.3.2, 2003-11-15, WARN
mvnmle, 0.1-4, 2003-08-21, WARN

If you are the author or maintainer of one of these packages, or a
user and are interested that the package stays in the main CRAN
package area (including binaries for various platforms), please
consider taking over as maintainer of the respective
package. Otheriwse we will orphanize the packages after the release of
R 2.1.0 in 10 days.

In addition, the Orphaned directory of CRAN currently contains

anm,2004-09-30,1.9.1
fdim,2004-09-30,1.9.1
kza,2005-01-15,2.0.1
meanscore,2004-09-30,1.9.1
npmc,2004-09-30,1.9.1
phyloarray,2004-09-30,1.9.1
seao.gui,2004-09-30,1.9.1
seao,2004-09-30,1.9.1
twostage,2004-09-30,1.9.1

We try hard to keep all packages on CRAN working "out of the box",
hence we need to remove packages that are no longer actively
maintained.

Best,
Fritz

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch