[Rd] Alpha releases from Copenhagen not mirrored?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 3 22:23:59 CEST 2005

On 3 April 2005 at 15:18, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

| Looking at http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease shows that the
| latest alpha tarball is dated April 1. That page reveals its source via the
| various ?D=A etc sorting links, and looking at Peter's page at
| www.biostat.ku.dk, I do indeed see April 2 and 3 releases in Denmark.  Has
| anything dropped in Vienna?

I guess I could have checked before posting, but it looks like the error is
in .dk rather than in .at:

edd at chibud:~/src/debian/R> wget http://www.biostat.ku.dk/~pd/R-pre/R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz
--15:22:19--  http://www.biostat.ku.dk/%7Epd/R-pre/R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz
           => `R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz'
Resolving www.biostat.ku.dk... 192.38.18.114
Connecting to www.biostat.ku.dk[192.38.18.114]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
15:22:20 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers