[Rd] Rcmd problems and questions, lazyloading

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Sep 19 15:05:24 CEST 2004

Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:

> Uwe Ligges wrote:
>
>> Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hola!
>>>
>>> I got past the problems I asked about two days ago, thanks. No I am
>>> updating
>>> CRAN package asypow (the daily package check on CRAN gave warnings
>>> due to
>>> .Rd problems, fixed).
>>>
>>> Now it PASSED Rcmd check
>>> (WindowsXP home edition, rw2000dev, on a new toshiba laptop, if that
>>> matters.)
>>>
>>> but then Rcmd build --binary
>>

>> Kjetil,
>> works for me with the asypow 1.0, R-2.0.0 alpha (2004-09-16).
>>
>> Which version of R (I mean the date, a lot of stuff changed during the
>> last 2 weeks re. lazy loading and related bug fixes on Windows)?
>>
>> If it still does not work with a recent alpha version, please send me
>> the source package.
>>
> OK, just downloaded latest rw2000dev, but before installing, trying what
> you says below:
>

>> What happens if you try
>>    R CMD INSTALL --build
>

> With LazyLoad   TRUE this gives the same error:

Kjetil,

I tested the package and it appears to binary-build perfectly on my machine.
Have you made a clean build from scratch (don't only overwrite any old
directories of R)?
Have you set all the paths correctly and are all tools installed?

>  preparing package asypow for lazy loading
> Error in tools:::.read_description(file) :
>    file '/DESCRIPTION' does not exist
> Execution halted
> make: *** [lazyload] Error 1
> *** Installation of asypow failed ***
>
> Again, with LazyLoad  FALSE, it works. (This is rw2000dev dated
> 2004-09-13).
>
> Then installing todays build:   (dated  2004-09-17)
>
> (again LazyLoad TRUE)
> -- passes Rcmd check
> But again the same problem with Rcmd build --binary
>
> preparing package asypow for lazy loading
> Error in tools:::.read_description(file) :
>    file '/DESCRIPTION' does not exist
> Execution halted
> make: *** [lazyload] Error 1
> *** Installation of asypow failed ***
>
> Removing 'C:/DOCUME~1/HALVOR~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rbuild.2760/asypow'
> ERROR
> * installation failed
>
> Again, R CMD INSTALL --build  ..\library\asypow

Ahhhhh! Here you will need forward slashes:

   R CMD INSTALL --build ../library/asypow
or
   R CMD BUILD --binary ../library/asypow

Uwe