[Rd] Rcmd problems and questions, lazyloading

Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen kjetil at acelerate.com
Sat Sep 18 02:55:48 CEST 2004

Hola!

I got past the problems I asked about two days ago, thanks. No I am
updating
CRAN package asypow (the daily package check on CRAN gave warnings due to
.Rd problems, fixed).

Now it PASSED Rcmd check
(WindowsXP home edition, rw2000dev, on a new toshiba laptop, if that
matters.)

but then Rcmd build --binary
gives problems:
.
.
.
  preparing package asypow for lazy loading
Error in tools:::.read_description(file) :
    file '/DESCRIPTION' does not exist
Execution halted
make: *** [lazyload] Error 1
*** Installation of asypow failed ***

Removing 'C:/DOCUME~1/HALVOR~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/Rbuild.852/asypow'
 ERROR
* installation failed
.
.
.
but as it passed make check, DESCRIPTION obviuosly is there, so this
must be symptoms of something else.

Then, adding the line
LazyLoad:             FALSE

to DESCRIPTION,
Rcmd build --binary
runs without problems!

What is happening?

Kjetil

--

Kjetil Halvorsen.

Peace is the most effective weapon of mass construction.
               --  Mahdi Elmandjra