[Rd] With --gui=GNOME, gtkDevice is preferred -- documentation on that?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Sep 1 13:28:29 CEST 2004

I also had a bug report stating that under R --gui=GNOME, any window
generated by a simple plot() will not get properly refreshed, see
http://bugs.debian.org/269104.

I vaguely remembered that this had come up, and recommended to the submitter
that
  library(gtkDevice)
  gtk()
is a fix.  Is this documented somewhere?  Should my Debian package r-gnome
depend on the existing Debian package r-cran-gtkdevice?  If so, could I
'alias' the default plot device to be the gtk device?

Thanks, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx