[Rd] ppr crash for optlevel=0

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Oct 20 15:56:16 CEST 2004

Please give a _reproducible_ example on the current version of R (2.0.0).
It works fine for me using the example in ?ppr:

>      rock.ppr <- ppr(log(perm) ~ area1 + peri1 + shape,
+                      data = rock, nterms = 2, max.terms = 5, optlevel=0)
> rock.ppr
>      rock.ppr <- ppr(log(perm) ~ area1 + peri1 + shape,
sm.method="gcvspline",
+                      data = rock, nterms = 2, max.terms = 5, optlevel=0)

Neither of the above crashes, nor gave any error.

WinXP Pro with R-2.0.0.

Andy