[Rd] R bug submit form

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 17:09:08 CEST 2004

Dear R-developers,

I've noticed over the past few weeks there have been a number of
spurious bug report which seem to cause a lot of extra work.  I
thought maybe a small redesign of the bug submit form might help
reduce these and save someone some time, so I've had a go and attached
a prototype.

Main changes:

* Removed everything extraneous to submitting bugs

* Highlighted important details and added some suggestions as to what
to put in the OS and R version fields

* Added some of the key points from the FAQ bug report guidelines

* Added checkboxes to force people to think if what they are doing is
appropriate

I hope it may be of some use.

Hadley