(PR#7277) Re: [Rd] strange windows behaviour after changing

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 14:41:48 CEST 2004

I've got a lot further.

1) The problem is due to changing the console font, which the preference
dialog always did (even if it changed it to a new copy of the same font).

2) It is associated with MDI toolbars, and never happens if they are not
selected.  I found one inconsistency: you (I think) have added pager
toolbar buttons and not added setdata() statements, but that does not fix
it.  I can also trigger it by opening a graphics windows or a script
window, but I did not succeed with a dataentry window.

It looks like something is wrong with the toolbar code, which Guido wrote
as a GraphApp extension and I have not much understanding of.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> I still don't see it.  This is strange -- I'm also using XP SP2.
>
> Duncan Murdoch
>
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:55:55 +0200 (CEST), ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
> wrote:
>
> >I can reproduce this in MDI.  Another clue is that as the pager for
> >?merge is opened, the font in the console changes.

That happens as the toolbar is changed to that for a pager.