[Rd] Bug in R graphics device (PR#7271)

murdoch at stats.uwo.ca murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Oct 11 06:42:52 CEST 2004

There are a couple of things here.  One bug that has been fixed in
R-patched, one user error.

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:32:00 -0500, Hem Nalini <morzarialuna at wisc.edu>
wrote:

>I did the following:
>

>In a newly opened R session:
>

>1) Changed GUI preferences (-staring at white hurts my eyes, hence the
>pastels):
>
>Font: Lucida Console Type 12, Bold
>Background: Steel Blue 4
>Output text: LightGoldenRod 1
>User input: PalevioletRed
>Titles in page: Coral
>
>2) Saved GUI preferences:
>
>Press "Save": Instead of showing me the R working directory "My
>documents" pops up and I have to search for the directory

This is the user error:  if you want the preferences to appear when
you start R, you should save them in your "My documents" (Windows
home) directory.  (There are other possibilities; see the "Invoking R"
section of the Introduction to R manual.)

>3) Called data from base
>data(BOD)
>attach(BOD)
>BOD
>
>4) Create plot
>plot(Time~demand)
>
>5) Input in the R console is now invisible.

I think this bug has been fixed in R-patched.  Could you please try it
to confirm?

>6) If I close and open R again the GUI preferences I saved are not loaded.

Because they weren't where it was looking when you started it.

Duncan Murdoch