[Rd] R 2.0.0 - lazy loading mandadory ? (PR#7274)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Oct 10 15:18:38 CEST 2004

xiao.gang.fan1 at libertysurf.fr wrote:

> Full_Name: Xiao Gang FAN
> Version: R 2.0.0
> OS: Windows
> Submission from: (NULL) (82.226.247.142)
>

> When a package preload another necessary package, say Hmisc,
> seems that this last one must be precompiled, this is rather
> boring - we must rebuild all dependant packages ?

a) This is a question. Questions are ought to be send to R-help BUT NOT
TO R-BUGS!
b) THIS QUESTION IS EVEN NOT APPROPRIATE FOR R-HELP, because the answer
is in the News file.

The news file tells us that re*installing* packages is required for
R-2.0.0 (rebuilding is not required per se). Yes, ALL packages you are
going to use!
And for your convenience, there are precompiled versions available on CRAN.

Uwe Ligges