[Rd] Dumb question time - R patched vs. R devel

Fri Oct 8 18:29:18 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Perhaps my memory from 1.9.0 is gone and I need to be taking more
Ginko/Ginseng....

The current R patched tarballs and diff file
(ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Software/R/R-release.diff.gz) appear to be
for 1.9.1 as opposed to 2.0.0 if my read of the files is correct.

The current devel tarballs are labelled with a version of 2.1.0. Makes
sense.

If the R patched tarballs and diff file are for 1.9.1, are patches
actually being applied to 1.9.1 or are these files simply being
auto-made as the result of a daily script against the 1.9.1 subversion
repository?

Is there indeed any tarball/diff file for the 2.0.0 patched version?

I have been trying to avoid using subversion (given past discussions)
and downloading tarballs when I need to update my working version.

Thanks and feel free to smack some sense into me...

Marc