[Rd] compilation problem R2.0.0 Linux SuSE8.2 (PR#7263)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 21:33:49 CEST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Patrick Drechsler wrote:

> Thanks fofr the quick reply!
>
> Brian Ripley wrote on 05 Oct 2004 20:03:12 MET:
>
> > Why do you think this is a bug in R?
>
> Sorry, it was not my intention to imply this was a bug. I just
> figured that people reading the bug list might be able to help
> me. I didn't figure this would be a problem for the general r
> list so I posted here. Developers of other programming

You could use the R-devel list.  By posting to R-bugs you _did_ imply it
was a bug. The posting guide does make the point.

Bug reports get copied to the R-devel list, so someone there may have
relevant experience.  But this does look very like a mismatch between some
components on your installation.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk