[Rd] Package Installation in RGui (PR#7262)

Heather.Turner at warwick.ac.uk Heather.Turner at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 16:54:43 CEST 2004

Full_Name: Heather Turner
Version: 2.0.0
OS: Windows NT
Submission from: (NULL) (137.205.8.2)

I tried using the Packages menu to install the gam package and get the following
output:

> local({a <- CRAN.packages()
+ install.packages(select.list(a[,1],,TRUE), .libPaths()[1], available=a,
dependencies=TRUE)})
trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 21246 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 20Kb

trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/gam_0.92.zip'
Content type `application/zip' length 224167 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 218Kb

package 'gam' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

Delete downloaded files (y/N)? y

Warning message:
unable to move temp installation 'H:/rw2000/library\file15762/gam' to
'H:/rw2000/library/gam'

I get the same message if I opt to delete the downloaded files and the same
problem if I try to install from a downloaded .zip file instead - not really
surprising as seems to "unpack" file okay, but loses the temporary file. As the
syntax of the file path for the temporary file is incorrect, I'm assuming this
is a bug in install.packages or one of the functions it calls...

Heather