[Rd] Re: [R] R/S-related projects on Sourceforge? Trove
Witold Eryk Wolski
wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Nov 18 10:04:20 CET 2004
This are the project which I have extracted from all your mails.
1. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpgsql/ R PostgreSQL Interface
2. http://sourceforge.net/projects/r-spatial/ R package for spatial
3. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpy/ RPy (R from Python)
4. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ep-sf/ Expression Profiler
5. http://sourceforge.net/projects/fsap fish stock assessment for R
6. http://sourceforge.net/projects/flr/ R packages for use in
7. https://sourceforge.net/projects/runit/ R Unit Test Framework
8. http://sourceforge.net/projects/ep-sf/ Expression Profiler
9. http://sourceforge.net/projects/r-asp/ Analysis of Spatial Data
10. http://sourceforge.net/projects/r4proteomics/ R Packages for proteomics
11. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rdbi/ R Database Interface
12. http://sourceforge.net/projects/nlmeode/ R package combining
nlme and odesolve
13. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rarcinfo/ RArcInfo
14. http://sourceforge.net/projects/rgdal GDAL Package for R
15. http://sourceforge.net/projects/gretl/ GNU Regression,
Econometrics and Time-series Library
Sorry if I have missed any. But it is surely more than five.
Thanks all of you for your numerous response and also for some more
general thoughts concerning
*collaboratory* development using source code repositories:
If I see how R is evolving I believe that this ideas will be realized soon.
Especially that there are already repositories covering some of the
functionality and dedicated to R -- Bioconductor with a svn archive.
Unfortunately, as I was told by Geff Gentry the costs of administering
the svn, cvs servers are high, hence the number of developers must be
limited. Also CRAN has some of the functionality but the svn or cvs
support is missing.
Luckily hosting the sources on e.g. sourceforge and the builds on CRAN
or Bioconductor gives already some of the essential functionality.
Therefore at this place big thanks to the Bioconductor, CRAN and
More information about the R-devel