[Rd] Re: [R] Changing graphics defaults [was: changing (core) function argument defaults?]

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Nov 18 01:47:13 CET 2004

      Under the S3 standard, you could make a local copy of any function
and change the defaults in that local copy.  That may not always work
under the S4 standard methods dispatch going to code hidden in
namespaces.  In any event, it should be easy (and safer) to write a
function with a slightly different name, e.g., adding a dot "." to the
end of the name, that would have different defaults and would do nothing
but call the function of interest.  This might be safer

      I don't have any suggestions about changing graphics defaults
other than to ask for that specifically -- e.g., by changing the subject
line to this email.

      hope this helps.  spencer graves

RenE J.V. Bertin wrote:

> >From: Patrick Connolly <p.connolly at hortresearch.co.nz>
> >To: "RenE J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [R] changing (core) function argument defaults?
> >Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:43:10 +1300

> asking
> family
> small
> nice if
> >
> >I didn't notice a response to this question.  I'd like to do
> something
> >similar and haven't been able to work out how to do it.
> >

> >best
> >
> >--
> >Patrick Connolly
> >HortResearch
> >Mt Albert
> >Auckland
> >New Zealand
> >Ph: +64-9 815 4200 x 7188
>
> No, I haven't noticed a reply to this question neither.
>
> Best,
> René Bertin

Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567