[Rd] Comments on the R-2.0.0 release (PR#7351)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Nov 8 20:29:48 CET 2004

Nelson,

That is an impressive list of successes.

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 07:41:11PM +0100, beebe at math.utah.edu wrote:
[...]
> 	SGI Indy-200		GNU/Linux Gentoo 1.4.16
[...]
> On the GNU/Linux MIPS system, there is as yet no working Fortran
> compiler, and f2c fails to build there, so R cannot be expected to
> run.

We have that working under Debian using our standard g77 builds. Logs for
mips (and mipsel) since R 1.4.0:

   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=r-base&arch=mips
   http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=r-base&arch=mipsel

I could of course be off-base here if that particular Indy model uses a
different cpu -- apologies if that is the case.

Without the trailing &arch=mips(el), it will list logs for all arches.

Dirk

--
If your hair is standing up, then you are in extreme danger.
      -- http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/fp1ex3.htm