[Rd] Bug report (PR#7341)

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 5 13:32:39 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Martin Maechler wrote:

>    dan> Full_Name: Dan B Version: na OS: na Submission from:
>    dan> (NULL) (
>    dan> I can't log into the bug tracker (I can't find where to
>    dan> register / login).
>[that's not what you should do.

OK, I just wanted to post a 'follow up' to the original 'bug'.

> Have you read on this in the FAQ or  help(bug.report) ?
> Please, please, do.

Sorry. This is probably the cause of all the problems.

I know this isn't a 'bug' in the strict sense, but nither are the
'wishlist' entries on the bugs pages. I thought a bug report was a good
place to log these requests, so that they didn't get 'dropped' in the
system (i.e. "I thought you were catching that" - "Oh I thought *you* were
catching that")

The bug report could be debated / altered as any bug is.

What classifies as a 'documentation bug'? A piece of documentation that
crashes my OS? (or my brain? ;)

Anyway, I know better now.

Thanks very much for the information,
All the best,