[Rd] 2.0.1 buglets

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Nov 4 23:34:52 CET 2004

Peter Dalgaard <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> writes:

> > > but everything seems to configure and make ok. Should this message be
> > > expect or is this a bug?
> >
> > It is unexpected.  Is it new in 2.0.1 beta?  You have told us your kernel,
> > not your distro.  This looks like a bug, but not in R.
>
> I've seen it whizz by occasionally but never got around to
> investigate. As said, it doesn't actually affect the result of
> configure.

I can't seem to reproduce this exactly, but on Solaris I have

checking for xmkmf... /usr/X/bin/xmkmf
/home/bs/sfesys/sysadm/export/common.alias: No such file or directory
/home/bs/sfesys/sysadm/export/common.alias: No such file or directory
/home/bs/sfesys/sysadm/export/common.alias: No such file or directory
/home/bs/sfesys/sysadm/export/common.alias: No such file or directory

This was with the 2.0.0 sources, so it isn't new. The culprit appears
to be constructions like

  if test "`which ${cc}`" = "`which ${CC}`"; then
    shlib_ldflags=`${srcdir}/tools/GETMAKEVAL SHLIBLDFLAGS`
    cpicflags=`${srcdir}/tools/GETMAKEVAL PICFLAGS`
  fi

in configure.ac.  I guess we shouldn't really use "which" at all...