[Rd] A crash (PR#6849)

heikki.putkonen at eskk.fi heikki.putkonen at eskk.fi
Mon May 3 15:31:30 CEST 2004

Dear Sir

There is a acces violation erron (Null pointer) when I have done this. This is
repetable but not inmutable.

0. I have put the command "library("Rcmdr")" in the .Rprofile

1. Start R, load module Rcmdr, Input a dataset in RCommander, then save the
workspace. I can do any analysis now, no crashes, everything works file but
when:

2. I start abain R. It comes up with RCommander perfect

3. I reload the saved workspace from RConsole, it comes up

4. I select the just loaded dataset from RCommander's button <no active dataset>
(with red letters)

5. Then I clik the name of the just loaded dataset. Often this is enough the
create the crash

sometimes R stays up  to the next operation, lets say Statisticst -> Frequency

The null-pointer error is in Rgui TCLTK.dll area. I have tried to compile R in
mingw, but it is not easy. I cannot get zlib to compile

So I wonder am I alone with this problem. (This happens to the R 1.8.x too)

Best wishes Heikki Putkonen

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status =
 major = 1
 minor = 9.0
 year = 2004
 month = 04
 day = 12
 language = R

Windows XP Professional (build 2600) Service Pack 1.0

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:graphics, package:utils, package:Rcmdr,
package:car, package:effects, package:relimp, package:multcomp,
package:mvtnorm, package:lmtest, package:abind, package:tcltk, package:ctest,
package:stats, package:mva, package:foreign, package:lattice, Autoloads,
package:base

040 5431901, Sol Tertis