[Rd] R 1.9.0 alpha

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Mar 25 05:23:15 CET 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:34:16 -0400, you wrote:

>I saw a reort on R-help (without answer) about not being able to load
>old workspaces
>(.RData files) in 1.9.0alpha. I have seen the same problem with some
>of my workspace, although most of them loads without problems.
>(rw1090alpha as of 17.03, windows XP).
>
>Why will some workspaces not load?

I don't see anything in the NEWS file that would obviously cause this,
so it may be a bug.

Can you try to put together a small example that illustrates it?  The
easiest way is probably to start with a workspace that doesn't load,
then (in 1.8.1) delete half of the contents, check if it'll load or
not, and repeat until you get a small example that we can try.  It
would be easiest if you can give me R commands to create a workspace
in 1.8.1 that I won't be able to load in 1.9.0, but I'll take a binary
if you give me a way to pick it up from you.  (It's kind of hard to
receive binaries by email lately, because of all the virus protection
in place...)

Duncan Murdoch