[Rd] Installer package destroys permission settings on /Applcations (PR#7025)

stefano iacus stefano.iacus at unimi.it
Sat Jun 26 09:41:23 CEST 2004

Thanks for raising this problem. I agree, the installer should not
change the permissions on /Applications (but user can decide to install
the application somewhere else and move it to /Applications later as a
temporary solution)

It only affects the directory where you choose to install R.app (the
few KB application). So the rest of your system is safe (at least)

As for the R.framework: it should stay in /Library/Frameworks in this
release as well as for 1.9.0. So nothing changes there

I've just upload a new version of the installer on CRAN. It will take
till tomorrow to propagate on the web.

Apart from this (serious) issue: user should upgrade always to the
latest version of R

As said in the ReadMe file, you should install the libxml2 package if
you use Panther (which seems to be your case).

stefano