[Rd] news file included in source but not binary package

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Jun 24 15:42:29 CEST 2004

Dear R-devel,

I've noticed that when I place a `NEWS' file in the top-level directory for
a package, then do R CMD build mypkg, the file gets included in the .tar.gz
file.  However, if I do R CMD build --binary mypkg, the `NEWS' file does not
get included in the .zip file.  Is this intentional?  Is there a way I can
get such a file included in the pre-compiled package automatically?

Best,
Andy

Andy Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research      PO Box 2000, RY33-300
Merck Research Labs           Rahway, NJ 07065
mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com        732-594-0820