[Rd] function not in load table

Toralf Kirsten tkirsten at izbi.uni-leipzig.de
Wed Jun 23 11:36:23 CEST 2004

Hi Martin, Vadim,

<snip>

> really C, not C++ ?
> [or did you compile by a C++ compiler instead of C ?]
> I ask because for C++ that's really a FAQ

It's really a C function.

>     Toralf> wy.result <- wy.grps(data1=X1, grpdata=groups, nres=10000,
>     Toralf> alpha1=0.05, alpha2=0.05)
>     Toralf> Error in .C("wy_grps_R", as.double(X), as.integer(n1), as.integer(n2),  :
>     Toralf> C function name not in load table
>     Toralf> Execution halted
>
> this really means that there's no exported C function named 'wy_grps_R'
> from the dyn.loaded C code.
> Do
> 	nm -g  izbi.so
> inside izbi/src/ in the shell to check.

I checked the exported function as you mentioned above and I can see the
function named 'wy_grps_R' in the list (as you can see below)
00004d80 T uvarWYdist
00004790 T wy_clust_R
000045a0 T wy_grps_R   <---
00004450 T wy_uvar_R
The T in the second column means it is available in the code segment, right.

>     Toralf> My .First.lib.R is as follows:
>     Toralf> .First.lib <- function(libname, pkgname) {
>     Toralf> library.dynam("izbi", package = pkgname, lib.loc = libname)
>     Toralf> data(COLS, package=pkgname)
>     Toralf> data(ROWS, package=pkgname)
>
>     Toralf> if (exists(".Dyn.libs")) remove(".Dyn.libs")
>
> not sure if the above is a good idea.
> What do you want it for?

What do you think what is not a good practice?
The COLS and ROWS are R objects which we use in R programs to replace
the 1 and 0 used as col and row parameter.
Do you think we should use the command
dyn.load("<compiled_code.so>")
for each C file instead of
library.dynam(...)?

I also tried to specify the package name in this manner
result <- .C("wy_grps_R",
              as.double(X),
              as.integer(n1),
              as.integer(n2),
              as.integer(p),
              as.integer(unlist(grpidx)),
              as.integer(grplen),
              as.integer(grpnum),
              as.character(WYFUN),
              as.double(alpha2),
              as.character(MINMAXFUN),
              WYdist=double(nres),
              as.integer(nres),
              test.value=double(grpnum),
              p.value=double(grpnum),
              PACKAGE="izbi")
Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

Many Thanks for your help,
Toralf