[Rd] regarding saving R graphis images directly to directory

Vadim Ogranovich vograno at evafunds.com
Mon Jun 21 00:22:41 CEST 2004

If you just need to ignore the errors use try or tryCatch around the
plotting functions.

Re: jpeg and friends. R has a notion of current device where it sends
all its graphics. If none is open R opens the default device for you,
which happens to be X11 on your system. To use a different device just
open it, say jpeg, and all graphics will go there until you close it or
open yet another device. For the list of available devices see ?Devices

It might be useful to have a null device which just silently ignores all
graphics (aka /dev/null on UNIX), but I don't know if R has anything
like this.

P.S. This sort of questions looks more appropriate for r-help. Just
personal sensing, I am no master of polices.