[Rd] Re: [R] Printing Lattice Graphs from Windows (PR#6947)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jun 6 22:42:50 CEST 2004

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 spencer.graves at pdf.com wrote:

>       I agree:  It sounds like a  bug, as you said, Irk, in that
> Rgui.exe cannot copy a metafile to the clipboard, at least under MS
> Windows 2000, 5.00.2195, Service Pack 3, even though Rterm.exe can.

Please send reproducible code to back that up.  I don't believe it is
anything to do with Rterm.exe vs Rgui.exe, as the phenomenon seems to
occur randomly under either.  I tested 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 alpha
(2004-06-06).

Note also that this seems only to occur for grid and lattice plots, and
happens (when it happens) when copying to at least metafile and pdf
devices.

> Therefore, I'm including "r-bugs at biostat.ku.dk" in the list of addresses
> to this email.
>
>       Spencer Graves
>
> Irk Eddelbuettel wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 12:26:45PM -0700, Spencer Graves wrote:
> >

> >>     Using R 1.9.1 alpha via XEmacs with ESS under Windows 2000, I did

Which day's `R 1.9.1 alpha'?