[Rd] libz>=1.2.1 requirement - necessary?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 21:40:02 CEST 2004

There are some slight interface differences in the gzfile code, so 1.2.1
is needed.  However, we have since found a bug in that which affects R, so
please use the bundled code.

The circumstances of both are rather rare, and valgrind was needed to show
the second (a use of an unitialized variable that sometimes bit us).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk