[Rd] Re: all.equal(, ) not considering names [was "vector documentation error?"]

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Jul 21 17:25:43 CEST 2004

The following is what I got from S-Plus 6.2 under Windows 2000:

 > x <- c(a = 1, b = 2)
 > is.vector(x)
[1] F
 > as.vector(x)
[1] 1 2
 > all.equal(x, as.vector(x))
[1] "target, current classes differ: named :
integer"
[2] "class of target is \"named\", class of current is \"integer\"
(coercing target to class of current)"

      Thanks, Martin and all of the core R team for their exceptional
contribution to this marvelous software.  I think it provides a great
liberating force to all research that includes the development of new
statistical algorithms by making it so much easier for others to modify
and extend something that previous researchers have developed.

      Best Wishes,
      spencer graves