[Rd] RE: [Rcom-l] rcom 0.97 available for download

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:57:44 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Precisely. Let's have one source repo but _let us label any and all binary
> restrictions_ more clearly so that I for one can skip over stuff that may
> build for you [ Windoze ] but won't for me [ Linux, preferable on all all
> ten to twelve hardware platforms supported by Debian for packages that get
> uploaded ].

While there's no automated checking of the field, there is the
SystemRequirements field in the DESCRIPTION file which is intended for
dependencies which are not R packages.  I have only seen it used for
external libraries and the like but this would seem to be a place where
one could specify any particular platform requirements as well.

-J