[Rd] RE: [Rcom-l] rcom 0.97 available for download

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Jul 21 16:18:46 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 09:39:29AM -0400, Liaw, Andy wrote:
> Would it make sense to have platform specific packages in a separate area on
> CRAN?  I don't know of anything other than Windows that understand COM.

Yup, and 'core' CRAN contains at least one Windows-only package: rbugs [ as
I found when working on a script to automagically build Debian packages from
CPAN packages, the script is a modified version of Albrecht's script ]

So apart from moving arch-specific packages into their own little corners [
bad, balkanization ] we could extend the Description file and flag the
architecture restriction there.

> Having the source for rcom in the general area seems a bit strange to me.

Well there is the rbugs precedent.

I may of course be missing something here, still haven't had the required
caffeine dosage for the day ...

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx