[Rd] rsync -> cvs down?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Jul 19 20:34:53 CEST 2004

Douglas Bates wrote:

> Marc Schwartz wrote:
>
>> I am not able to access cvs via rsync today. Is the service down?
>

> Yes.  We should have sent email about it to r-devel but it has been a
> hectic several days.
>
> The bad news is that the newly installed cvs.r-project.org machine,
> which is also rsync.r-project.org, was compromised and we had to take it
> off the net.
>
> The good news is that, thanks to heroic efforts by Martin Maechler and
> Deepayan Sarkar, the CVS repository has been transformed to Subversion
> and is available at http://svn.r-project.org/R/ (and at
> https://svn.r-project.org/R/ but SSL is probably only needed by those
> doing commits).  If you have a Subversion client (see
> http://subversion.tigris.org - those using Windows may also want to look
> at http://tortoiseSVN.tigris.org/) you can check out and update the
> current r-devel from http://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk/ and the current
> R-patched from http://svn.r-project.org/R/branches/R-1-9-patches/

Duncan,

may I suggest to make the following change in .../src/gnuwin32/Makefile:

old:

rsync-recommended:
     @(cd ../library; \
     rsync -rvCt --delete --exclude=Makefile.in --exclude=.cvsignore \
      --include=*.tar.gz --exclude=*.tgz $(CRANREC) . ); \

new:

rsync-recommended:
     @(cd ../library; \
     rsync -rvCt --delete --exclude=Makefile.in --exclude=.cvsignore \
      --exclude=.svn --include=*.tar.gz --exclude=*.tgz $(CRANREC) . ); \

Thanks,
Uwe