[Rd] Segfault with options() (PR#7078)

maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Jul 12 18:37:21 CEST 2004

Thank you, Deepayan:

    Deepayan> This is completely undocumented use of options,
    Deepayan> but it does cause a segfault with r-patched and
    Deepayan> r-devel on Linux:

    Deepayan> options(list('digits', 'scipen'))

    Deepayan> Strangely enough,

    Deepayan> options(list('digits'))

    Deepayan> and

    Deepayan> options(list(digits = 10, scipen = 2))

    Deepayan> work as might be expected.

I think I've seen where and how the problem occurs and am
currently testing an easy patch.

That will however give an error message for all calls
   options( mylist )
when mylist is a list that has
  length(names(mylist)) !=  length(mylist)

You weren't making a "feature request" in the other direction
where you?

Regards,
Martin Maechler