[Rd] OS X problem with DSTEIN in IGLS code

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Sat Jul 3 09:24:42 CEST 2004

1. R-devel on OS X  aborts when the code below  is run after spitting
out the
message

Parameter 5 to routine DSTEIN was incorrect
Mac OS BLAS parameter error in DSTEIN, parameter #0, (unavailable), is 0

2. I compiled R-patched using the included BLAS and Lapack, although
Brian says this is impossible on OS X, because they are in FORTRAN (??).
This version of R runs the code below just fine.

3. So there seems to be a difference between the implementation of
DSTEIN in vecLib.framework and in other BLAS versions. The error
message comes from vecLib.

4. To build libRlapack.dylib on OS X add the flags "-flat_namespace
-undefined suppress" to the link.

-------------- next part --------------

5. I will post this version of R-1.9.1 (using the X11 version of Tcl/Tk
8.5
and the R version of BLAS and Lapack) on gifi.
===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 8130 Math Sciences Bldg, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au