[Rd] ChangeLog for R packages {was "Wish list"}

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Jan 22 03:56:51 MET 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:48:04 -0800, you wrote:

>Some of us don't mind using XML because it gives us much more
>flexibility to do interesting things with our data quite easily at the
>expense of a little markup.

Would it be easy to write a function that read the XML and produced
something like the current NEWS format?

If that's easy, then one option is to suggest that people keep the
original source in XML, with the BUILD process doing the conversion,
but allow people to edit the human-readable version directly if they
prefer.

Duncan Murdoch