[Rd] Script editor for Windows GUI

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu Feb 26 17:04:15 MET 2004

Simon Urbanek <Simon.Urbanek at math.uni-augsburg.de> writes:

> Does anyone here use JEdit? I had a really quick look at it and it
> looks like a copy of Emacs ... which is a pity, because one could do
> much better with Java ;).

No one can do better than Emacs.

> Re auto-completion: auto-completing keywords is ok, but how would one
> include all the functions from all the packages? Especially since this
> is runtime-dependent, because in the editor you don't even know which
> packages are loaded at run-time ...

Sure you do.  How do you think ESS works?

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}