[Rd] request for comments --- package "distr" --- S4 Classes for Distributions

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Feb 2 23:23:21 MET 2004

"Warnes, Gregory R" <gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com> writes:

> > as subclasses of  either of the two the subclasses
> > "AbscontDistribution" or
> > " DiscreteDistribution".
>
> It is not at all clear to me what an 'AbscontDistribution' is.  Perhaps you
> are referring to a continuous distribution?

Absolutely continuous. This is slightly more restrictive than just
having a continuous distribution function, effectively meaning that
the density can be defined (with respect to Lebesgue measure on some
interval, usually).

Counterexamples are pathological, the sort of thing you challenge 2nd
year math/stat students to think up, but I can't say that I can
remember what they'd look like.