[Rd] RCmdr on Linux with R 2.0.0 over VNC can't use GLX

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 2 16:47:24 CET 2004

Dear Brian and Bob,

That's too bad: I had hoped to increase the use of 3D graphics in the Rcmdr
package, for example for 3D added-variable and component+residuals plots. In
fact, I'd like to see improvements to the rgl package so allow such things
as plot controls and point identification.

In any event, it shouldn't be hard to make rgl optional, and I'll do that in
the next release of the Rcmdr package, probably via something like
options(Rcmdr=list(rgl=FALSE)).

Regards,
 John

John Fox