[Rd] \link{} to help pages in Debian

Iago Mosqueira imosqueira at suk.azti.es
Wed Dec 1 10:50:06 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 08:24, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Under Linux, all HTML links are created to the per-session directory and
> not to the original locations.

This is the key, many thanks. Maybe a mention of the mechanism on the
administration manual could be of help?

> I think you are expecting to be able to open the installed html file
> directly in a browser and get the links to work.

Indeed.

>  and you won't find it documented anywhere in the R
> (Ironically, it does work under Windows with a separate
> library tree.)

That irony was puzzling me, of course. That was the reason I mentioned a
non-Debian install.

> and the links will be correct, I am pretty sure.

Not all of them. help-links.sh has problems with the permission of,
among others /usr/lib/R/doc/html/R.css. But this might be, this time, a
debian installation problem.

Cheers,

Iago