[Rd] Re: [R] R on gentoo amd64 (gcc 3.3.3) is unstable --- no!

Diman Todorov diman.todorov at chello.at
Sun Aug 29 17:10:35 CEST 2004

Dear Brian,

> Have you actually looked at the current R-devel, which no longer allows
> f2c to be used on 64-bit platforms?

I kindly invite you to quote the part of my posting that made you think
that I hadn't read
those previous postings.
I believe I was addressing Dirk's response to Ivo's solution to said
problem.
I was pointing out that in gentoo you actually have to set the USE flag
to USE=USE:f77
although f77 is not a compiler name. Dirk suggested that f77 might be a
typo
which i negated.
I can see how such a detail might have eluded you while skimming texts
briefly.

regards
Diman Todorov