[Rd] How to enable ANSII C checking?

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Thu Aug 26 18:48:18 CEST 2004

Hi!

I have run R CMD check on a package on Windows 2000, Linux (Debian), Linux Mandrake. On all of this platforms the check runs without any warning.
I send the package to a colleague. He runs R CMD check on his machine and gets errors eg.

mscalibD.c:161: syntax error before `int'
mscalibD.c:165: `i' undeclared (first use in this function)
mscalibD.c:165: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Looking at the sources the answer is simple. His compiler is set to check if the C code is ANSII compliant. On my platforms the compilers are not set to check for this.
Why? How can I tell R CMD check to check for this? I would find it usefully if R CMD check behaves with this respect similar on all platforms.

Eryk.

Dipl. bio-chem. Eryk Witold Wolski    @    MPI-Moleculare Genetic
Ihnestrasse 63-73 14195 Berlin       'v'
tel: 0049-30-83875219               /   \
mail: wolski at molgen.mpg.de        ---W-W----    http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~wolski